It is estimated that over 60% of the population do not have a Will. If you do not have a Will this means that your estate may not pass to whom you wish or you do not provide for the ones you love once you pass away.
We are experienced in advising clients and drafting Wills and can help you to ensure that everything and everyone is covered in your Will and that all your wishes will be carried out after your passing. We can also consider together with you Inheritance Tax and minimising your tax liabilities.
There are a number of things to consider when making a will, such as:
- Appointing Guardians for minor children
- Appointing executors to be responsible for administering your estate
- Funeral wishes, such as whether you wish to be buried or cremated
- Whether you wish to leave specific gifts such as jewellery or paintings to a certain person/persons
- Whether you wish to leave cash sums (e .g. £500 to every grandchild) to a certain person/persons
- Will the rest of your estate be held on trust for particular beneficiaries or will it pass to them outright?
- What happens if a particular beneficiary predeceases you?
Also, we can now register your Will with the first online register of Wills – Certainty.co.uk. This means that your loved ones will be able to find out which solicitor holds your Will using the online search service, in case they do not know when the time arises.
Please do not hesitate to give us a call to discuss your wishes further and how we can help you.